Over our next two blog posts we will be discussing a few ways that you can change your life for the better and start the path towards getting your pain under control!
At A Family and Sports Chiropractic Clinic, we know that change is not always easy, but it is possible when you put your mind to it!
One resolutions you might consider is to commit to walking at least 3 times per week, if not more. We have stressed it before, and we will stress it again… the benefits of exercise walking are clear. When you take part in regular low impact aerobic exercise, you strengthen your muscles, decrease inflammation, and can even naturally reduce your pain levels.
Begin your exercise walking routine by:
- Investing in shoes that are comfortable and effective. Do your best to find a shoe that matches your stride.
- If walking for long distances is difficult for you, build up to your desired level of walking.
- Schedule your walking for a time of day that works for you, so you will be less likely to skip it.
- If you have trouble walking due to leg weakness or balance issues, consider investing in a cane or trekking poles.
- If walking outside is hard because of the jarring on your spine or because of the weather, consider walking on a treadmill. This provides a much more forgiving surface for you.
Exercise walking is a New Year’s resolution to help you start 2017 out right! If you have questions about your ability to start a new exercise routine, click here to contact your trusted chiropractor in Vancouver today!
Click here to view our new patient special!