When it comes to your back, there are many kinds of pain. In some cases your pain can be associated with a lumbar herniated disc. This is sometimes described as a burning or radiating sensation occurring in the legs and lower back. Even though there are a variety of treatment options, no one option is universal in providing pain relief to all individuals. With each person responding differently to treatment methods, there are a few things to keep in mind when thinking about lumbar herniated disc pain relief.
- Heat can be beneficial in controlling your muscle spasms: This can be accomplished by placing a heating pad or hot compress against your lower back periodically.
- Consider an epidural steroid injection to relieve pain: Epidural steroid injections can sometimes provide relief immediately. They are intended to deliver the medication directly to the nerve ending.
- While you consider the severity of your pain, talk to your chiropractor about manual manipulation: This can force the area to move the pressure away from the nerve.
- Discuss the McKenzie Method with your physical therapist: This uses algorithmic analysis to uncover the cause of your pain when standing, sitting, and moving. Your physical therapist can then customize routines to further strengthen your back.
- Meditation might help reduce pain: focusing on breathing can assist you in living with out pain medication and allow you to relax your muscles help reduce symptoms or alleviate pain.
For more information about relieving your lumbar herniated disc pain, click here.
At A Family and Sports Chiropractic Clinic we deal with many different forms of pain and discomfort. Click here to contact us about achieving relief from your pain.