Maintaining good posture is essential to your health. It can help to reduce your neck and back pain, while also allowing you to live an active lifestyle. Paying attention to your posture can also reduce your risk of needing spinal surgery.
Here are the ABCs to help you experience the feeling of good posture:
- Start by standing up with your hands by your thighs, then slowly arch your lower back. This will elongate your stomach muscles.
- Once you are in this position, gently pull your belly button towards your spine. If you are doing this correctly, you should feel your lower back muscles, shoulders, and upper torso aligning over your heels.
- Rotate your shoulders in an outward motion so your thumbs are pointing away from the rest of your body.
- While doing so, draw your shoulder blades towards each other. This step will allow you to feel those little muscles between your shoulder blades.
- Relax your neck muscles and look up until you are able to line your ears up with your shoulders.
- Make sure that you relax your jaw and breathe through your mouth and nose during this step.
Once you complete these three steps, you should notice that you are experiencing good posture in your elongated stomach, lower back muscles, and your supporting neck muscles.
For more help achieving great posture, contact your trusted chiropractors in Vancouver WA! Click here to read about what to expect at your first visit!