Chances are, the answer is no… because most of us don’t!
This lack of care can cause greater physical discomfort and make us more susceptible to chronic pain and future injuries.
If you are like most of us and could be treating your spine better, consider some of these activities:
- Take the time to exercise every day: This is essential to lowering pain and maintaining a spine that is healthy and injury free.
- Engage your mind through meditation every day: Not only can it help you relax and lower stress levels, it can also help with your chronic pain and discomfort associated with your spine.
- Reconsider your sitting posture: Your spine has its own natural curves. When they way you sit does not support your curves you can damage your sensitive spinal nerves.
- Get outside and walk to help create support for your spine: The benefits of walking include strengthening your core muscles that help keep your body upright, providing necessary nutrients to your spinal structures, helping to strengthen your bone structure, and improving flexibility.
- Use heat therapy to soothe your pain: When you apply heat to your spinal muscles, you increase blood flow and help bring nutrients to your muscles.
Our next post will discuss 6 more ways to indulge your spine! If you have any questions about any of our suggestions, or if you want to set up an consultation, click here to contact an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor in Vancouver WA. Click here to view our new patient offer.