Our last post discussed a few ways to indulge your spine, since let’s face it… most of us do not pay attention to the damage we do on a regular basis.
This post will continue to stress a few small changes you can make to your life to further reduce some of the stress.
Here are a few more ways to indulge your spine:
- Determine your sleeping position, and purchase a pillow to match: You want your pillow to support the natural curve of your neck.
- Make efforts to choose your food wisely: The diet you stick to can play a major role in maintaining spinal health.
- Exercise in the pool: This can help to reduce the downward stress of gravity. The buoyancy of the water helps support your spine and reduces the chances of injury or pain.
- Consider taking advantage of massage therapy: Many professionals believe that regular massages can serve as an effective treatment for a variety of back and neck conditions.
- Try to quit smoking: When you quit smoking you reduce the chances of developing a spinal disorder.
- When lifting heavy objects, pay attention to ergonomics: Lifting improperly can put strain on your lower back muscles. This can lead to strains and another injuries.
You may not take part in all of the activities that we have discussed in this 2 part blog series, but even choosing a few can make a difference in your daily life.
To discuss which ones might make the biggest difference in your pain, contact a chiropractor in Vancouver WA. Click here to read about our individualized approach to spinal care.