Many chronic pain sufferers are dealing with the fact that there is no true “cure” to their suffering, which alone can seem overwhelming.
Here are 5 things that you may not know about chronic pain:
- The pain is definitely real, even if there is not an explanation for it: Sometimes people who suffer from chronic pain are treated as though they are exaggerating their pain or making it up. It is important to remember that chronic pain can greatly hinder your life, and there may not be a cure or treatment for it.
- It is not uncommon for the pain to lead to Disuse Syndrome: Chronic pain may lead to a lack of physical exercise, which can negatively impact the musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, neurological, and psychological and emotional processes within the body.
- Chronic pain can lead to depression and sleep problems: Continuous pain can affect all aspects of your life, including your emotional well-being. A negative outlook on life can cause problems sleeping and hopelessness.
- Pain is a very personal situation: It is important to realize that everyone manages and deals with pain differently. Everyone’s pain situation is different and it is impossible to know what someone who is dealing with chronic pain is going through.
- Chronic pain is a very lonely situation: Not only can the pain leave you feeling isolated from the world due to the way it hinders your ability to move freely, it can also make you feel like no one understands you. The fear, anxiety, and insecurity of constant pain can be hard to manage.
If you are suffering from chronic pain and need a pain management plan, consider contacting one of the experienced chiropractors in Vancouver WA. Your treatment plan should reflect how you want to live and help you to improve your quality of life. Click here to contact A Family and Sports Chiropractic Clinic today.