Do have an upcoming summer vacation? If so, it is important to make extra considerations for your back. This is especially true if you suffer from minor to severe chronic back pain.
Whether your trip will be taking place in a car or on a plane, and whether you will be sleeping in a tent or hotel, there are things you can do to make sure that you have done all you can do to prevent unnecessary pain.
Here are just a few ways to ensure a pain free vacation:
- Make sure to periodically stand up and stretch your legs and back when in the car or in your plane seat
- Consider bringing your own pillow
- If you are sleeping in a tent, consider investing in a good cot or air mattress
- Try to consider ergonomics in all walking and sitting positions
- Plan your outings to include time to rest
- Always consider your own personal abilities and speak up with activities are outside your comfort zone
Overall, to fully enjoy your vacation you will want to plan out the accommodations ahead of time, because they can make all the difference in how enjoyable your trip is.
Before your trip, consider discussing what things you can do to keep yourself from dealing with pain with your family chiropractor in Vancouver WA. Click here to contact A Family and Sports Chiropractic today.