If you are experiencing mild to severe chronic pain, it might seem like there is not alight at the end of the tunnel. You may be beginning to surrender to the idea that you will always be in some sort of pain, which can seem extremely hopeless.
Even if you have tried many methods for reducing pain, there are some things you can do to get it under control naturally.
Consider the following options for keeping pain at bay:
- Release your inner endorphins: The endorphins in your body are created naturally. You might not realize it, but they can be just as strong as any over the counter or prescription pain medication.
- Get enough restorative sleep: Many times, people underestimate the health benefits of a good nights sleep. Consider aiming for 7-8 hours of interrupted sleep each night.
- Exercise your core: Keeping your core strong and healthy can add additional support and reduce pain levels.
- Soothe your pain with cold and/or hot: Never underestimate the amount pain reduction you can experience by simply applying cold packs and/or hot packs.
- Stretch your hamstrings twice daily: There are many gentle hamstring stretches that should not hurt.
- Engage your brain: Some medical professionals believe that you can develop skills for your brain to reduce or ignore the pain signals.
If you are experience chronic or ongoing pain, consider contacting a chiropractor in Vancouver WA that truly understands how to treat pain. Instead of focusing only on symptoms, Dr. Hajari and Dr. Henderson at A Family and Sports Chiropractic Clinic look at the entire patient, as well as their lifestyle before developing a diagnosis and treatment plan. Click here to read about them today.