There are many exercises out there that are available for patients also using chiropractic care for their lower back pain. One might classify the chiropractic patient into a flexion or extension biased category to determine the variety that is best for that patient.
For example: If our patient is feeling at their best when they bend over, then an exercise program that promotes low back flexion can be helpful. Some of these exercises may include:
- Pulling the knees to the chest.
- Posterior pelvic tilts.
- Bending forward from a sitting position.
If they experience few symptoms in extension or if leg pain centralizes (also known as extension biased), prone press-up type exercises may yield the best results.
Other exercises that could help in reducing levels of lower back pain include:
- Strengthening of the muscles responsible for pelvic stabilizing (the muscles located in your trunk)
- Stretching your hamstrings, adductors, and your other overly short or tight postural muscles.
- Proprioceptive or balance promoting.
If you are hoping to find a chiropractor to help you combine exercise with a chiropractic treatment plan, click here to contact A Family and Sports Chiropractic Clinic. We are passionate about treating your entire body to achieve optimal health!