We have talked before about how being in pain is a personal situation. Many of us have experienced it at one point or another, but it usually does go away on its own after a few days. When it does, you simply go on with your life and quickly forget about the pain you were experiencing.
That said, there are some people out there who do not get so lucky. If you suffer from chronic pain that does not go away, you know how much of an impact it can have on your life. At A Family and Sport Chiropractic Clinic, we are a chiropractor in Vancouver who believes that everyone deserves a life free of pain!
Here are a few things you should know about chronic pain:
- The pain itself needs to be treated.
- Many patients have no clear anatomical reason for their back pain.
- Many patients are expected to simply “live with it.”
- Sometimes you may find that even after the original injury is treated, they are still in pain.
- Medical professionals are beginning to accept that if pain is not stemming from a clearly established injury or disease, then the pain itself is the primary pathology and deserves to be the focus of treatment.
- Pain is a unique and personal experience.
- Everyone experiences and expresses pain differently.
- Two people with the exact same injury may feel and show their back pain differently.
- The newest theories of pain can now focus on how and why people experience pain differently.
- Chronic pain is different than acute pain.
If you are suffering with chronic pain, it is important that you seek the help of an experienced chiropractor in Vancouver WA! Getting to the bottom of the symptoms and determining a treatment plan is the first step towards a life free of pain! Contact us today!